Friday 17 December 2010

Day 77

Next please. No links till I catch up!!

Today’s readingsNumbers 7:1-65
Luke 2:21-40
Psalm 35:1-10


Man alive... That's possibly the driest bit of Bible I've read so far. So what do we get from a list of guys giving the exact same thing time and time again? Well it makes me wonder what I offer to God. And this to me shows that God requires the same thing from everyone. So what can we all offer regardless of our situation? I would say we can offer our day. I've been trying recently to make sure every morning I'm coming to God and giving the day to Him. And I think that's something we could all do

Then we get Jesus being offered to God. Mary knew that Jesus was God's Son but made sure still that He was formerly offered to God. I think we need to remember sometimes that even though we know that everything in this universe belongs to God, it's humbling for us to offer that up to Him in thanks and trust. Also I think that there's a lesson to learn here from Simeon and Anna. If we're willing to give our days to God then we will be repaid. It might take time and look at how long each of these people dedicated themselves to God before they saw Jesus. But God knows our commitment and is always working to bless us with a closeness to Him. Notice they didn't receive a luxury yacht for their dedication but a glimpse of God's true nature. This is what we strive for folks!!

Finally our Psalm begins with more requests for God's intervention. Now God isn't always going to be rescuing us from danger and one day we will die but we can't be waiting and praying for His earthly protection and salvation; rather we need to be praying for blessings of HIM to come to us and the people we love. And to be thankful that salvation after our time on earth is already secured.

Onto the next one

No comments:

Post a Comment